I'm a fourth-year Mathematics undergrad at UCLA. I grew up in New Jersey and am currently living in Los Angeles. This fall, I will be joining the CSE department at the University of Washington, where I will be a Ph.D. student temporarily advised by Paul Beame. My research interests will focus on proof complexity and formal methods.
I lead a class for high school students at the UCLA Olga Radko Endowed Math Circle (formerly Los Angeles Math Circle). I work with other instructors to design a curriculum and teach fun topics in mathematics like knot theory, Axiom of Choice, and more. I've also TA'ed for the AwesomeMath Summer Program (AIME/USAMO preparatory classes) and the Program for Algorithimic and Combinatorial Thinking (discrete math and algorithms).
- Deterministic Graph Coloring in the Streaming Model, S. Assadi, A. Chen, and G. Sun, STOC 2022. arXiv:2109.14891
- Visualization Equilibrium, P. Kayongo, G. Sun, J. Hartline, and J. Hullman, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 28 (2022), 465–474. arXiv:2108.04953
Handouts and Notes
- UCLA Olga Radko Endowed Math Circle
- Full lecture notes for MATH 285N: Tiling Problems (Fall 2022)
- Partial lecture notes for CS 281A: Computability and Complexity (Fall 2020)
Last updated May 27, 2023